Thursday 2 February 2012


I’ve been taking Spanish lessons for the past three weeks now. In addition to learning Spanish, my favorite part of class is enjoying the nice cup of instant coffee and the three cookies I get in the beginning of every class.  I try to disregard the fact that the Dominican Republic produces amazing organic coffee and that I’m not getting any.

Our teachers name is Maria. She’s very sweet, kind and..interesting. I’d say she’s about 50 years old and you could tell that she was a total knock out in her day. During the first few classes, I felt that her approach and teaching style complimented my learning abilities very well. Flash cards, an exercise book and conversations helped me pick things up quickly… but I feel like the honeymoon is over. I’ve now started picking up on some of her flaws and it’s starting to make the teenager in me squirm.

You know how some women decide to ‘stick’ at an age? Well, Maria has decided to stick to a dress size.  My favorite outfits so far are:
·      
             Skin tight white pants with full bum underwear
·         A gold satin blouse so tight that its buttons are running in opposite directions
·         A ‘snug’ flower print dress that may have been made intentionally shorter in the back?

Our classes are generally two hours long and are fading in productivity. Sometimes she’ll ask Kieran a question “K-ran, tiene la cara como un machete?” never covered this before. As Kieran’s trying to figure out what she just said, she pulls a pocket mirror out of her purse and starts checking herself out, typical. Kieran has no clue, none of us do. Finally she laughs and says “it means, you have a face like a machete! Hahahaha” uh…wtf? “that’s what we say when people are mad, they don’t say that in English?” “hum no”. Her phone rings and she picks it up, typical.  

What makes this fox so much more of character is that her husband is a 23 year old Russian chain smoker. He’ll come with her to her classes and sit in the corner and play on his phone for hours. White dress shoes, jeans and button up shirt, total babe.

I didn’t go to class today.


 Where I went instead of going to class :)

Would love to have more 'members' please sign up!

Genevieve



1 comment:

  1. That looks way tastier than Spanish class.

    ReplyDelete