Tuesday 28 February 2012

The Extreme Team


In the last little while, I’ve had to learn how to deal with a diverse handful of interesting problems. But none of them would have been solved without the help of the fantastic team I have here. The following people are the Extreme family members I’ve had the chance to get to know while staying here. They have all enriched my life in one way or another and I feel it is necessary to share with you my love of these people.

Zach: With a background in Kinesiology, Zach is an all-round health enthusiast. Zach enjoys eating books, girls and food from any plate. Always positive and playful, he has been the perfect friend to help us settle into this amazing lifestyle on a budget. Born in Seattle, Zach has been a key player in helping develop the fitness aspect of Extreme Hotel. Zach teachers classes at our gym, and is always reading up on the next fitness challenge. If you ever need to find him, he`s the one that never wears a shirt.

Erika: Background in sciences, Erika dropped out of med school to travel the world and coming to Cabarete on vacation to kite surf. While walking on the beach looking for a place to stay, she ran into Zach who brought her to Extreme. Later on, Zach asked if she got a room, she replied ``I got a job!``. Hired as a substitute assistant manager until I arrived, Erika has been amazing in training me. Sweet, kind and enormously helpful, Erika and I have been a great team tackling the day to day challenges of this place. We often like to have one-on-ones at the dodgy market across the street where they sell grande Brahma beers and BBQ chicken.

Scott: Scott is our all American boy. Covered in a mural of American themed tattoos, Scott thrills us with his stories of Jeep 4x, deep frying turkeys and going on wild music festival adventures with his buddies. One of Zach best friends from home, Scott is here for the next few months applying his contracting knowledge in building our Aquaponic structures and cabins up at our organic farm. Always reliable and hardworking, I admire his philosophy on life. He once said `I want to learn how to do things, so that I don`t ever have to rely on someone to do it for me`, wise words mi amigo.

Robbie: As the owner of Extreme Hotel, Robbie has been amazing in providing me a well balance meal of freedom, responsibility and structure. Over the years, Extreme Hotel has been able to develop great relationships with the people that come and stay here. Because of Robbie’s charismatic personality and because of the vibe this place has, people keep coming back and recommending this place to their friends. Robbie has an amazing vision for this hotel and together, the team will be adding more activities and opportunities for our guests to have fun. This includes tours up to the organic farm for a lazy river tour and BBQ, health and fitness camps, yoga camps, personal training camps, not mention all the events we will be hosting in the future which includes a Jiu Jitsu competition this May.

Moving to the Dominican has been amazing. I am thankful that I have great people who surround me and support me. I hope some of you find time to come down and visit in the future!

Adios! 

1 comment: