Tuesday 24 January 2012


The other day I learnt how to ride a motorbike. My friend Erika asked me "have you ever driven a motorbike?", "Yup" I said, a complete lie. I've driven an ATV and a bike..I guess I figured they'd count if I put them together. 


I felt pretty badass driving it. In my mind I could picture myself driving this motorbike like one of those characters from MadMax. Hair blowing in the wind, causal backwards lean, a deadly look on my face, topped  with some sick shades or an eye patch. In reality, my knees where bent waist high because Erika is about a foot and half shorter then me. I had her massive dirt biking helmet on, short shorts, a flower print shirt and my muddy running shoes. If this were a dating game, they would probably brand me as the "cute and fun girl that doesn't mind riding with the dogs in the back of a pick-up truck".


I felt pretty good driving around. All the other bikers seemed to accept me as one of their own, of course their motor bikes fit slightly better. 


I only got concerned twice. The first time was when I had parked the bike in an alley and realized I left the keys in the ignition. The other was when I realized that the break fluid was leaking all over my leg. I convinced myself  that that was just typical though. 


All in all a good day. I even drove past town to find a local garage sale that sells dresses and baked goods. 


Jo quiero una cinnamon bun ahora!  



No comments:

Post a Comment